Internship vacancy: Visual design & branding
From February 2024
Visual design & branding intern
Starts February (32 hrs) for 4-6 months
We are looking for a creative intern who is able to translate our (renewed) brand identity into great visual language, to help us contribute to a futureproof world that is sustainable and inclusive. The focus of the internship is on visual design and branding image, creating visuals and templates for our brand.
You are involved in:
- Translating Design Innovation Group’s brand strategy into a coherent visual language, including templates, presentations, icons, illustrations etc.
- Supporting the team in creating meaningful visual design work.
- Executing (graphic/visual) design work for reports, mock-ups and prototypes for different projects.
- Visualising communication materials focusing on our website, newsletter and social media channels together with our branding team.
In addition to these activities, you are also actively involved in ongoing projects with our clients and the development of our organisation.
Who are we?
Design Innovation Group brings design thinking and doing to organisations to create a sustainable and inclusive world that is futureproof. We are a multidisciplinary, international and passionate team with diverse creative backgrounds who contribute to positive change through co-creation, the design thinking method, imagination and creative intelligence.
We are an innovation and research partner for our clients and have the guts to express an informed opinion. Even if it goes against other views. DIG looks beyond traditional (rational) thought patterns.
We visualise the future with different (research-based) scenarios to design change paths and programmes. We pay attention to behaviour, identity, and the story. We ensure that everyone wants to, can and is on board for the journey to change. We do this so organisations can develop their potential and contribute to a sustainable and inclusive world.
Who are you?
YOU are a visual design enthusiast. For you, an image speaks louder than 1000 words. You embrace diversity, you are curious and willing to explore new ways of solving problems. You make well-considered (visual) decisions and are aware that our work is part of a larger system. You know how to create visuals that reflect our brand and trigger a reaction. You know your way around different visual platforms like Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Photoshop. You can work well in a multidisciplinary team, and are capable to work independently.
- You are fluent in English (half of our assignments are in English). If you speak Dutch and/or French that is an advantage.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, project-oriented and international work environment.
- You are proactive and eager to learn. You know how to maintain professional relationships.
- You are a visual person and can communicate clearly through visual language.
- You master Adobe Creative Cloud (such as Photoshop, Premiere and/or Illustrator); and you are handy with the Microsoft Office package.
- Experience with video and/or photo equipment is an advantage but not essential.
- You are studying in a field that is related to visual/graphic design, branding or media.
- You have a working permit in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting and challenging 4-6 month internship position in an international work field. An internship fee is available. The work hours amount to 32 hours a week.
And, we offer:
- An inspiring workspace both online from your home and offline at the vibrant NDSM wharf in Amsterdam or park-side Utrecht.
- An opportunity to be part of and learn from a diverse and experienced team.
- Great remote tools to use in our online work environment.
How do we work?
We strongly believe in the talents of individuals and in the strengths of an effective team. We work holacratically; everyone is responsible and accountable for their roles. This will give you the freedom to do what you are best at and to make your own choices in line with the purpose of the organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter, CV and portfolio in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 4th of December. For more information, also use this email address.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH INTERNSHIP YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.