Internship vacancy: Communication & PR
From February 2024
Communication & PR intern
Starts February (32 hrs) for 4-6 months
We are looking for a creative intern with great communication skills who wants to contribute to a futureproof world that is sustainable and inclusive. The focus of the internship is on marketing and communication activities, and creating social media content. You will mainly be working with the PR team.
- You are involved in contributing to Design Innovation Group’s PR strategy, and you like to think about the content of our online presence (such as social media, emails and website) and its impact.
- As part of our company, we have created an (online) community with the aim of spreading the design thinking philosophy globally. You are involved in supporting this community by facilitating online events and planning activities.
In addition to these activities, you are also actively involved in ongoing projects with our clients and the development of our organisation.
Who are we?
Design Innovation Group brings design thinking and doing to organisations to create a sustainable and inclusive world that is futureproof. We are a multidisciplinary, international and passionate team with diverse creative backgrounds who contribute to positive change through co-creation, the design thinking method, imagination and creative intelligence.
We are an innovation and research partner for our clients and have the guts to express an informed opinion. Even if it goes against other views. DIG looks beyond traditional (rational) thought patterns.
We visualise the future with different (research-based) scenarios to design change paths and programmes. We pay attention to behaviour, identity, and the story. We ensure that everyone wants to, can and is on board for the journey to change. We do this so organisations can develop their potential and contribute to a sustainable and inclusive world.
Who are you?
YOU are a communication & PR enthusiast. You embrace diversity, you are curious and willing to explore new ways of solving problems. You make well-considered decisions and are aware that our work is part of a larger system. You know how to create messages that trigger a reaction in who reads them. You think about when and where to spread these messages. You know your way around different social media and platforms to communicate our work. You can work well in a multidisciplinary team and are capable of working independently.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch (half of our assignments are in Dutch). French is an advantage.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, project-oriented and international work environment.
- You are proactive and eager to learn. You know how to maintain professional relationships.
- A catchy text is easy for you to put on paper, you are creative with words.
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (such as Photoshop, Premiere and/or Illustrator); and you are handy with the Microsoft Office package.
- You have communication and marketing skills. You are also good at organising and planning.
- Experience with video and/or photo equipment is an advantage but not essential.
- You are studying in a field that is related to communication and media.
- You have a working permit in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting and challenging 4-6 month internship position in an international work field. An internship fee is available. The work hours amount to 32 hours a week.
And, we offer:
- An inspiring workspace both online from your home and offline at the vibrant NDSM wharf in Amsterdam or park-side Utrecht.
- An opportunity to be part of and learn from a diverse and experienced team.
- Great remote tools to use in our online work environment.
How do we work?
We strongly believe in the talents of individuals and in the strengths of an effective team. We work holacratically; everyone is responsible and accountable for their roles. This will give you the freedom to do what you are best at and to make your own choices in line with the purpose of the organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter, CV and portfolio in English to email@example.com before the 4th of December. For more information, also use this email address.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH INTERNSHIP YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.